With Christmas only a spit and a whistle away, you’re probably starting to write your food shopping list, organising who is doing which dish, checking the weather forecast and hoping for another stress-free (yeah, right) meal. Now if you’ve been handed the responsibility for an amazing festive dessert, then you’re in luck. Today’s recipe is one delish coffee-infused dish that you can whip up the day before, leaving you time to stretch, relax and enjoy Christmas morning.
Sourced from SBS Food
6 eggs, separated
220g (1 cup) caster sugar
250ml (1 cup) freshly brewed, hot, strong Sacred Grounds espresso coffee
Liqueur mix of Tia Maria, Kahlua and Amaretto
400g of Pavesini or Savoiardi biscuits
Good quality dark chocolate, grated
1. Beat egg yolks with sugar for around 15 minutes, or until thick and white. Add Mascarpone and continue beating until just combined and smooth.
2. Mix coffee and liqueur mix in a bowl (use as much or as little as you like). Swiftly dip biscuits into the mixture and set aside on a plate.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff and thick, then gently fold into Mascarpone mixture.
4. Layer soaked biscuits and Mascarpone cream in a large glass tray, bowl or in individual bowls. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
5. http://www.viagrabelgiquefr.com/ Before serving, add a generous amount of grated chocolate.
* Flavours develop more overnight, so make this dish of deliciousness the day before consuming.
* We recommend that you use the following Sacred Grounds coffee blends and single origins in this recipe:
– Spirit Blend
– Neighbours Blend
– Ethiopia Limu
* Serves 6 people
Here’s the video from SBS Food Safari if you prefer to cook with company!
Merry Christmas from all of us at Sacred Grounds. Enjoy the festive break and drink lots of coffee!