Coffee for tea drinkers? Have we gone completely bonkers? The answer is, of course not. Made with our very own Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Single Origin coffee, this recipe is the perfect summer refresher for coffee and tea drinkers alike.
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is ideal for this recipe because it’s light roasted, resulting in a softer taste. Generally speaking, Ethiopian coffee is quite fruity in taste so you can imagine the beautiful flavours released in our Yirgacheffe – a very clean, sweet drink with soft lemon flavours. Delish!
This is why we think this Cold Brew recipe made with Ethiopian Yirgacheffe will be a tea drinker’s heaven. The soft fruity flavours that are released through this method are similar to a herbal tea, with a comparable amount of caffeine compared to that awesome hit of espresso.
Now for the recipe itself. This is so easy and the best part is once you’ve whipped up a batch you can keep it in the fridge for those thirsty moments that need a little caffeinated kick.
Cold Brew Recipe
What you need;
– 200g Coffee, ground coarse (filter/plunger grind)
– 2L filtered water
– Large jar
– Muslin cloth (or equivalent)
1. Measure out 200gms of coffee and grind fresh if you’re using beans.
2. Place coffee in muslin cloth and seal with string.
3. Fill the container with the 2L of filtered water.
4. Submerge your coffee gently into to the container and seal.
5. Let the coffee infuse in the fridge for 12 hours.
6. Remove coffee and muslin coth.
Top tip: If any coffee grounds escape from the muslin, pour the entire cold brew through a clean muslin cloth to strain out the rogue coffee grounds.
- This recipe can be used with any of our coffees though the flavour result will be different.
- For a stronger or weaker tasting coffee, increase or decrease the amount of coffee used.
- How fine/coarse you grind the coffee will also effect the taste. If you grind too fine (similar to an espresso grind) the cold brew will taste a lot stronger.
- Depending on our mood, we sometimes add a slice of orange to our Cold Brew which give it a lovely summer vibe.
More from Sacred Grounds:
Here at Sacred Grounds, we love mixing it up a bit. That’s why, now and then, we bring out a special limited edition variety of our coffee. It’s a bit of a passion, to be honest and a whole lot of fun for our roaster. So let me introduce you to our latest limited edition coffee, Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Medium Roast (say that fast 10 times).